Inspired by my dear friend Allison, I took up the challenge to take a photo each day in 2011 to document my life. I embarked on this with some trepidation (I was not sure I would remember to take a picture every day), and with some curiosity: I didn't have a plan for this project and I was excited to see how it would evolve. What would my life look like, day by day, throughout one year?

Well, one year on, I am addicted to this project. I already took a lot of photos of my children but I have loved the way the 365 challenge has disciplined me to think about and appreciate EVERY SINGLE day - and the precious moments in every day that in the past have flown by unnoticed... I am thrilled to continue with this blog in 2012 - although it really should be retitled: Day by Day 366! Looking forward to a new year...

Just click on any picture to see it enlarged!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1: Here we go...


I thought long and hard about what should be my first picture. It seemed a momentous decision, one that might set the tone for the year. I wanted it to be something important to me - so, of course, I concluded it had to be a picture of my children... but, they all have runny noses and are not looking their best. So here instead is a selection of some of the books I want to read this year, not necessarily in this order.  I have just finished "The Lost Hero" by Rick Riordan, I am rereading with delight "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, which I get to teach to eighth graders this month, I am several chapters into "Knowing God" by J. I. Packer and I am using a "Read the Bible In One Year" scheme with my NIV. So many books, so little time...

3 comments:

  1. Ah, books! I see some I'd love to borrow when you're finished, if you don't mind! :) I just finished The Hunger Games, and would love to discuss it with you when you're done with it. And I'm glad to see Ender's Game in there!

    I'm so excited you're joining me in this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My books are your books! Just let me know which ones you would like. You can even borrow them before I've read them - it'll take me a while to get through these. And they don't include Book Club books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great list! I see "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" ... I am reading "the Girl who Played with Fire" right now. Scary but good!

    I like your 365 idea ... wish I would have done that, too! I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete