Inspired by my dear friend Allison, I took up the challenge to take a photo each day in 2011 to document my life. I embarked on this with some trepidation (I was not sure I would remember to take a picture every day), and with some curiosity: I didn't have a plan for this project and I was excited to see how it would evolve. What would my life look like, day by day, throughout one year?

Well, one year on, I am addicted to this project. I already took a lot of photos of my children but I have loved the way the 365 challenge has disciplined me to think about and appreciate EVERY SINGLE day - and the precious moments in every day that in the past have flown by unnoticed... I am thrilled to continue with this blog in 2012 - although it really should be retitled: Day by Day 366! Looking forward to a new year...

Just click on any picture to see it enlarged!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 87: Road Trip

I LOVE road trips. David and I have been going on road trips together for more than twenty years now and I still get the same thrill of excitement, anticipating an extended time in the car with him. Some of our best ever conversations have been on long car journeys. Fortunately, our children also enjoy road trips and this was the longest ever for us. We decided to drive all the way to San Francisco in one day: eleven hours of driving and a total journey time of eleven hours and forty-five minutes! The kids were wonderfully behaved and remarkably tolerant of the way we packed all our things in the car around them. We read books, played games (Johnny, Daniel and I played travel Scrabble and managed to only mislay one tile), listened to "The Lord of the Rings" on CD, had great conversations and enjoyed some spectacular scenery in southern Oregon and northern California. It was a great start to our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment