Inspired by my dear friend Allison, I took up the challenge to take a photo each day in 2011 to document my life. I embarked on this with some trepidation (I was not sure I would remember to take a picture every day), and with some curiosity: I didn't have a plan for this project and I was excited to see how it would evolve. What would my life look like, day by day, throughout one year?

Well, one year on, I am addicted to this project. I already took a lot of photos of my children but I have loved the way the 365 challenge has disciplined me to think about and appreciate EVERY SINGLE day - and the precious moments in every day that in the past have flown by unnoticed... I am thrilled to continue with this blog in 2012 - although it really should be retitled: Day by Day 366! Looking forward to a new year...

Just click on any picture to see it enlarged!

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Day 177: A well-loved view


The children and I returned to Standon today, where we used to live before we moved to Portland. We attended a lovely service at our old church and spent the rest of the day with our beloved friend Lizzy and her incredibly hospitable family. Johnny, Daniel and I went on some of our favorite walks around the village. There were so many photos I could have used but I picked this one, taken from the hill behind the church, one of my favorite places, where I have often spent time sitting and thinking and enjoying the view.

3 comments:

  1. I love this photo!!! I've always hoped to be able to visit Standon with you someday! Please give Lizzy our best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann, we will visit Standon together some day! Already looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete