Inspired by my dear friend Allison, I took up the challenge to take a photo each day in 2011 to document my life. I embarked on this with some trepidation (I was not sure I would remember to take a picture every day), and with some curiosity: I didn't have a plan for this project and I was excited to see how it would evolve. What would my life look like, day by day, throughout one year?

Well, one year on, I am addicted to this project. I already took a lot of photos of my children but I have loved the way the 365 challenge has disciplined me to think about and appreciate EVERY SINGLE day - and the precious moments in every day that in the past have flown by unnoticed... I am thrilled to continue with this blog in 2012 - although it really should be retitled: Day by Day 366! Looking forward to a new year...

Just click on any picture to see it enlarged!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Day 225: Family history




Having visited one of David's childhood homes in Wausau, WI, and another in Neenah, WI, we took a very special trip to Springwater Cemetery, near Wild Rose, WI. The community of Springwater was founded by the Welsh pioneer, John Hughes, who was David's great-great-great grandfather. Other Welsh families also settled there and John's daughter Mary married Robert Humphrey in 1846. The Springwater Cemetary is the final resting place of several generations of the Humphrey and Hughes families. Of special significance to Johnny was the grave of the first John Robert Humphrey - Johnny himself is the third to have this name and very proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment