Inspired by my dear friend Allison, I took up the challenge to take a photo each day in 2011 to document my life. I embarked on this with some trepidation (I was not sure I would remember to take a picture every day), and with some curiosity: I didn't have a plan for this project and I was excited to see how it would evolve. What would my life look like, day by day, throughout one year?

Well, one year on, I am addicted to this project. I already took a lot of photos of my children but I have loved the way the 365 challenge has disciplined me to think about and appreciate EVERY SINGLE day - and the precious moments in every day that in the past have flown by unnoticed... I am thrilled to continue with this blog in 2012 - although it really should be retitled: Day by Day 366! Looking forward to a new year...

Just click on any picture to see it enlarged!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 321: Amazon

It is possible that I have an Amazon addiction. It is such a great way to buy stuff and this is the time of year when, more and more frequently, I come home to find an Amazon box on the porch. It is especially nice to have a package on the porch that I didn't order myself of course.  It's lovely to know other people are thinking of us - personal cards and letters in the mail are increasingly rare it seems, and I certainly send far fewer than I used to.  I am reminded of one of my favorite poems "The Night Mail" by the incomparable W.H. Auden, which ends:
"And none will hear the postman's knock
Without a quickening of the heart,
For who can bear to feel himself forgotten?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment