Inspired by my dear friend Allison, I took up the challenge to take a photo each day in 2011 to document my life. I embarked on this with some trepidation (I was not sure I would remember to take a picture every day), and with some curiosity: I didn't have a plan for this project and I was excited to see how it would evolve. What would my life look like, day by day, throughout one year?

Well, one year on, I am addicted to this project. I already took a lot of photos of my children but I have loved the way the 365 challenge has disciplined me to think about and appreciate EVERY SINGLE day - and the precious moments in every day that in the past have flown by unnoticed... I am thrilled to continue with this blog in 2012 - although it really should be retitled: Day by Day 366! Looking forward to a new year...

Just click on any picture to see it enlarged!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 341: Picking out a Christmas tree

This annual family adventure is one of our favorite days of the year. We drive out to a beautiful tree farm and wander for an hour or so among the trees, trying to decide which one is perfect for our home. Then Johnny and Daniel take turns with the saw, the tree is felled and we carry it back to the car. Tomorrow I need to find the Christmas ornaments!

No comments:

Post a Comment